Talking about beef, a fillet steak cut is a type of steak cut obtained from the meaty part of an animal. Types of steak cuts include a long list of names but porterhouse ranks at the top.
You’ll be looking at a recipe for cooking the perfect fillet steak, specifically mignon steak in this article.
Cooking a steak is tricky but buying or picking the right steak is trickier. Usually, the best cuts have marbling patterns on them. Those dense white lines look like boundaries of 52 states, usually are the reason behind a juicier, succulent, and well-cooked steak. They can accept extremely higher temperatures to release the unique taste.
Note – Always use the best available cooking tools.
James Martin’s fillet steak recipe has become a famous foundation recipe for anyone looking to learn an easy way to cook a steak.
- 4 chopped potatoes carrying a total weight of 0.4 kg
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- Three garlic pieces
- Two Fillet steak portions (175 grams each)
- Half cup butter
- Two finely sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons Cognac
- 3 teaspoons crinkle peppercorns
- 1-liter beef stock
- 25-liter double cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Parsley leaves
- Spray with sea salt and black pepper at your own discretion
After getting the ingredients ready, cooking is next!
Just follow the instructions below and you’ll feel like you have accomplished a milestone.
- Add 4 chopped potatoes to the frying pan with half cup olive oil placed over the stove. Keep the burner under the stove at a medium level. Add garlic. Stir only a few times while letting it cook for 20 minutes.
- You need to ready another frying pan, this time under higher heat level and add those big chunks of fillet steak in it. Coat them with olive oil before heating them.
- We will not be cooking it very much and go for an earlier result (cooking each side for 3 minutes). However, if you cook it for more than 3 minutes (each side) and go with a mature result, the steak will have different color and taste.
- Throw in butter and flip the steaks a few times until it becomes part of them.
- Extract the pieces of steak on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper as per your liking.
- Melt some more butter in the empty pan still under heat.
- Put onions in and you’ll see they will turn brown in 3 minutes.
- Time to add brandy to it. A small amount is enough to spark a flare in the pan. Mix them well.
- That flare shows the burning of alcohol.
- Add pink peppercorns and beef stock. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add cream, and mustard. Spray some salt and pepper before turning off the heat. Your sauce is ready.
- Put the potato pieces in and use parsley as dressing
13. Pour sauce over the two steak pieces. Yummy and scrumptious steak is ready!