The salad recipe we are going to learn today is one of the 10 best southern seafood salad recipes. We absolutely love the taste and flavors of this dish and highly recommend it to the readers who want to eat healthy.
Seafood Macaroni Salad Recipe
The best seafood pasta salad recipe is a very easy technique to follow. All you have to do is take large elbow macaroni pasta along with shrimp and crab. Moreover, you can also use imitation crab instead of the real one. The reason to do this is that it’s cheaper and very delicious. But you can go with the real meat as well.
How to make Seafood Macaroni Salad?
There is a lot of scope to experiment with this dish. Seafood macaroni salad has a lot of healthy ingredients such as black olives, celery and onions as well. Furthermore, it also has a very rich dressing which consists of mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and loads of other traditional seasonings.
Afterwards, you can either take it fresh or put it in a refrigerator. In fact the colder it gets the better. Overnight seafood macaroni salad tastes way better, trust us on that!
Now let’s start making this easy to cook and delicious salad recipe. We hope you would love it as much as we do. It takes about 20 minutes to cook and is full of flavors and nutrients.
- Firstly, take 3 cups of dry elbow macaroni pasta (either large or small).
- Take one lb. of cooked shrimps with their shells removed.
- Afterwards, take one lb. of real or imitation crab.
- Then, take 1/4 cup of green onions (chopped), 1/2 cup of diced celery and a cup of mayonnaise.
- Take two tablespoons of yellow mustard, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
- Also, take 1 teaspoon of old bay seasoning, 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes and 1 teaspoon of salt.
How to Make Seafood Salad- Instructions
- First, take pasta and boil it in salted water and make sure it gets cooked properly.
- Afterwards, drain the water off and rinse the pasta with cold water.
- Take a large bowl and add mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice to it.
- Mix the above-mentioned ingredients well in the bowl.
- Furthermore, take Cajun seasoning and old bay seasoning to sprinkle it on the ingredients and mix it well.
- Afterwards, take the seafood and toss it in the bowl to mix it well with the dressing.
- Take onions, celery and olives to put in the bowl along with other ingredients.
- Furthermore, take pasta and put it in the bowl to mix with all the ingredients.
- Lastly, take the salad and put it in the fridge to enjoy refreshing cold pasta.