Five Summer Dessert Ideas to Try Coming Season
There are loads of summer dessert ideas one can choose. People usually like to make ones that are easy and quick to make. So here are some delicious recipes you can follow up:
Grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream
It is a quick & easy recipe & the prep time is only 1 minute and cooking time is 4 minutes. It takes 5 minutes to cook this amazingly delicious dessert. Prepare for yourself and your family a delightful summer dessert idea.
- Two ripe peaches
- Two ripe nectarines
- Canola oil
- Eight large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Honey and sea salt for finishing
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Then cut the peaches and nectarines into halves. After that brush, half peaches and nectarines with a touch of oil & place it on the grill for a few minutes. Rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes till the fruit starts to caramelize.
- Remove the fruit from the grill using a pair of tongs and serve using a scoop of ice cream in the center. Drizzle it with honey and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Banana Split Kabobs
The prep time for this fantastic summer dessert idea is only 5 minutes, and it takes another 5 to 6 minutes to assemble it. So it’s an easy, mess-free, and delicious dessert to make.
- 12 strawberries
- Two bananas cut into pieces (similar in size to strawberries)
- 12 pineapple pieces similar to the size of strawberries.
- 12 brownie pieces similar to the size of strawberries.
- Whipped cream
- Chopped peanut or mixed nuts
- Six wooden skewers
- Assemble each skewer using two strawberries, two pineapple pieces, two banana pieces, and two brownie pieces. You can do this alternatively ingredients to improve the taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and serve with whipped cream
Strawberry Rhubarb Shortbread Bars
Strawberry rhubarb shortbread bars is another excellent summer dessert idea
- 1 1/2 c. sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c. plus three tablespoons all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, divided
- 1/2 c. (1stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Two large eggs, plus two large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Now, line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, & 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil & cook until fruit is softened and beginning to break down. Let it cool for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add, pulse confectioners’ salt, sugar, and 1 cup flour in a food processor until combined, 4 to 5 times. Add butter, and pulse until the coarse meal forms, 10 to 12 times. Press mixture firmly into bottom of the prepared pan. Bake it until it is golden around edges for around 16 to 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a food processor until it becomes smooth, for about 1 minute. Add eggs, egg yolks, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and zest. Process it until it softens for 15 to 20 seconds. Add food coloring and three tablespoons of flour and pulse just until it becomes smooth. Pour over crust.
- Bake it until set for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool it completely on a wire rack. Chill it for 2 hours or up to 1 day. Cut into squares. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
Dr. Pepper Jell-O Salad
It is another excellent summer dessert idea.
- 1 cup water
- 2 (3-ounce) boxes of Strawberry Jello
- 1 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 10-ounce jar sliced maraschino cherries + juice
- 8-ounce can crush pineapple + juice
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add jello to a large bowl & pour boiling water over it. Stir the mixture until jello dissolves and add in Dr. Pepper. The mixture will fizz up. Make sure that you use a large bowl and do it over the sink just in case. Place mixture in the fridge to cool down for around 30 minutes.
- Grease a nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Once the 30 minutes have passed, add the remaining ingredients to the jello mixture and then pour into the prepared pan. Place it in the fridge so it cools down and let it chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- 1 pt. rocky road ice cream
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers, and more for serving
- You also need toasted marshmallows for the serving
- Chocolate Sauce, for serving
- Blend rocky road ice cream & milk until smooth.
- Add graham crackers and pulse two times after gap to combine.
- Serve topped with toasted marshmallows, chocolate sauce, and graham crackers.