Best Mango Recipes for This Summer
In the hot weather of summers, one always seeks to have cold refreshing drinks. There is a wide range of things one can choose from, such as drinks to frozen desserts. Some delicious mango recipes are as follows:
1: Mango Lassi
This mango recipe makes three glasses of lassi and takes about 15 minutes to make.
- Mangoes 2
- Sugar 3 tbsp.
- Milk 1 cup
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Grated pistachio for garnish
- Grated almond for garnish
- Ice as needed
1) In a blender, add mango, sugar and blend it.
2) After that, add milk, yogurt, and ice then remix it.
3) Now, add pistachio and almonds for garnishing.
2: Mango Smoothie
This mango recipe makes about 3 to 4 glasses of mango smoothie and takes 15 minutes to make.
- 2 Mangoes
- 2 Bananas
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- Ice as needed
- 2 tbsps. Whipped Cream
1) In a blender, add ice cubes, mango, banana, orange juice, pineapple juice, honey, sugar, milk, and yogurt. Then blend it well.
2) Now pour it into tall glasses
3) You can add wiped cream and yogurt mixture layers in the glass.
3: Mango Salsa
This mango salsa makes a bowl and serves 5 to 6 people. It takes only 10 minutes to make.
- 2 cups of chopped mango
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- One teaspoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
Mix the salsa ingredients in a bowl & let it sit to combine flavors. This salsa can be used with chips or BBQ recipes.
4: Mango Lemonade
This mango recipe serves 4 to 5 people and is ready in only 10 minutes.
- One mango, peeled, pitted and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- Splash water plus 4 cups
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- One teaspoon bitters, such as Angostura
1) Blend the mango with 1/4 cup of the sugar and a splash of water until smooth in a blender. It makes the purée for the lemonade.
2) Combine 4 cups water, lemon juice, bitters and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a pitcher. Stir until the sugar dissolves and then mix in the purée. Serve over ice in tall glasses.
5: Mango Ice Cream
This mango recipe serves six people and its preparation time is 15 minutes.
- Two large mangoes, ripe and juicy – to make 2 cups puree
- 395 g / 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups thickened cream / heavy cream/whipping cream, cold
- 1/8 tsp. yellow liquid food coloring
- Dice the flesh of the mango. Then pour the diced mango to make 2 cups.
- Pour puree into a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, constantly stirring, for 8 – 10 minutes or until it reduces by half. It should be reduced to 1 cup.
- Combine the cooled mango and condensed milk in a bowl. Add food coloring if using. Whisk until combined.
- Beat the cream with a hand-held beater or stand mixer until stiff peaks form
- Take a scoop of cream and put it in the mango mixture. Fold through until mostly combined – lumps are okay.
- Pour the mango mixture into the cream. Fold through rather than mixing vigorously until its lump free. It will take a few minutes.
- Pour into a container with a lid.
- Place a piece of parchment/baking paper onto the surface.
- Freeze for 12+ hours.
- Remove the parchment paper. Let it slightly soften for 5 minutes, then scoop and serve!
- If you freeze it for 24 hours or longer, it will need a couple of extra minutes to soften to a scoopable consistency.