This boneless skinless chicken crock-pot recipe is famous for its ease of preparation and hassle-free ingredients. It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble the ingredients and get the cooker meat-ready. Furthermore, you need to add them all at once and adjust the heat level to get things started. Isn’t that simple? It can’t get easier than that.
The chicken after waiting for 2 or 3 hours has a taste of another dimension – juicy and ready to melt away in the mouth. The sauce is the secret ingredient in this recipe again just like we saw in the fillet steak or any other cut for that matter.
The Sauce: Essential for Crock-Pot Recipe!
An extra amount of sauce can always be a tasteful journey going along with boiled or fried rice. The honey, in this particular recipe, makes it sweeter while soy sauce makes it sour – the best of both worlds. Garlic paste, sriracha, sesame oil, hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar all add to the flavor and lasting impact of this crock-pot recipe.
Tip: Remember to check the cooker exactly two hours later because sometimes you get results earlier than expected.
Let’s get our hands full learning the real thing!
- 4 boneless chicken breast pieces (Almost 1 kilogram or 2 pounds)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 scallions (green onions) finely chopped (use the white portion in the slow cooker and the green leafy part for serving)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
This is a healthy crock-pot chicken recipe for kids and adults alike. Skinless chicken contains no extra fat element, however, the fat in chicken isn’t harmful.
- Enter those pieces of chicken into the crock-pot or slow cooker.
- Take a bowl and add the ingredients such as honey, soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic or ginger, and white part of the green onions.
- Add this solution to chicken breasts and cover the lid of the slow cooker, cooking at low heat for 2 or 3 hours.
- After 2 or so hours, take out those breasts on a cutting tray and slice them into small pieces. But let them cool down a bit first.
- Take out some of the liquid (3 tablespoons) from the slow cooker and mix it with cornstarch. Add the resulting mixture back to the crock-pot and stir until the curry appears denser.
- Put the small pieces of chicken back into the pot. This is the go-to slow cooker shredded chicken recipe for anyone making it for the first time! Once it’s done, switch off the appliance and serve it to 2 or more people!
- This slow cooker chicken recipe or crock-pot recipe is the mother of all chicken recipes and you must try it at home.
Some of the benefits of this type of cooking include:
- The sauce or the ingredients engulf into the meat (chicken or beef), whatever is on the menu!
- The power consumption while making a crock-pot recipe is lower than that of an oven
- It brings out a different rather unique aroma empowering the conventional taste
Ideal for cooking curries, chicken stews, various soups etc.